Arrested for Drug Charges in Hayward or Alameda County?
Our Hayward Drug Crime Lawyers Can Strengthen Your Defense
Data reveals that our society is oversaturated with drug use. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that drug arrests rose over 300 percent from 1982 to 2007. Since illegal drug use has increased, law enforcement has been redirecting their efforts toward drug-related crimes. Drug charges can range from anything from marijuana possession in small amounts to major drug racketeering cases. Regardless of the level of the offense, it is important to work with an experienced California criminal defense law firm. Our Hayward drug crime lawyers can ensure your rights are being protected and explore all possible defense options.
The California criminal defense attorneys at Garcia, Schnayerson & Thompson have been defending individuals against allegations of drug offenses for years. The goal of our Hayward drug crime lawyers is to have drug cases thrown out. However, if necessary, we can negotiate with prosecutors to pursue having charges reduced. Dismissing a drug charge requires an experienced California drug attorney. If you have been under investigation or arrested and charged with any type of drug charges, contact our firm.
When Do I Need a Hayward Drug Crime Lawyer?
If you have been arrested for a drug crime in California, contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Without a Hayward drug crime attorney, you can easily and unknowingly overlook details that could help with your defense. Our Hayward drug offense law firm has a combined 70 years of legal experience, resulting in favorable case results. We limit our practice exclusively to California criminal defense law so we can focus on strengthening drug defenses. Therefore, you should contact our Hayward drug crime lawyers if you face allegations like:
- RICO: Racketeering charges involve multiple individuals or entities knowingly committing crimes as daily business. These charges can be similar to Gang conspiracy.
- Possession: Possession charges can vary in severity. For example, a charge of possession with intent to sell can have greater consequences than a simple possession charge.
- Distribution: A small detail can make a big difference in a distribution charge. For instance, if you have a drug stored in multiple containers, you can be charged with drug distribution.
- Cultivation: Federal law is much different than state law when it comes to cultivating certain drugs. As a result, cultivation charges can be complicated and serious.
- Manufacturing: Charges of manufacturing are serious. Common allegations involve manufacturing illegal substances in meth labs.
- Prescription Drug Fraud: Prescription drug abuse is so rampant that it has become a national crisis. Usually, these charges involve opioids like OxyContin.
- Medical Marijuana Cases: Marijuana is legal under certain circumstances in California. However, each county has its own rules regarding its use and transport.
How to Defend Against Drug Charges
Any drug charge can be dismissed or reduced depending on the circumstances of the situation. For instance, a repeat offender can face more scrutiny than a first-time offender. In any case, our Hayward drug crime attorneys can use reliable defense strategies. Our strategy for defending against drug charges is to find out if there is a factual defense or a legal defense, such as suppression. For example, we may use pretrial programs or diversion programs, such as Prop 36, to mitigate your risk of incarceration.
Federal drug crime cases are often more serious because there are usually increased mandatory minimum sentences. Furthermore, the conviction rate for federal drug crimes is above 90 percent. In addition, over half of those convicted are sentenced for three years or longer. For this reason, we can work to construct a defense that can take many issues into consideration. For example, we can look into a conspiracy defense, illegal search and seizure and entrapment defenses.
Arrested for Possession of Drugs or Other Drug Charge? Call for Free Consultation
Arrested for drug possession in Alameda County, Hayward or anywhere else in California? Do you need immediate representation? Without a California drug crime attorney, you can face life-altering consequences. Furthermore, a Hayward attorney can help you mitigate risk and avoid critical errors. Do not let the drug charges against you define you for the rest of your future. With a team of legal professionals, you can protect your best interests and mitigate risk to your drug defense.
No matter the type of charge, Garcia, Schnayerson & Thompson can help. We provide representation for individuals charged in California with a variety of state and federal drug crimes: In addition, we have experience defending immigrants against drug charges that can result in deportation. Contact us online or call 510-782-7580 for a free and private consultation about your case. Our team is available 24 hours a day and we have Spanish speaking staff who can assist you if needed.